I am honoured that you asked me but I can't do it.
I'm sorry but I can't help you at this time
Unfortunately, it's not a good time.
I am not available at the moment, may be next time.
Unfortunately, this is not something can do right now.
I really appreciate you asking me but I can't commit to that right now.
Sorry but I cant make it, may be another time.
Thanks for thinking of me but I can't.
I would love to help you but I can’t.
My schedule is already full.
Sounds like a great idea, but I can’t right now.
I will have to take a rain check.
I wish I could, but not this time.
Thanks, but I’m not taking anything else on right now.
I’m booked up right now.
I would rather not, thanks.
Thank you for thinking of me, but I won’t be able to attend/do this.
It isn’t a good fit for me.
I’m not comfortable with that.
I’m not really into (e.g. sports, writing, etc.), but thanks for asking.
This isn’t doable for me right now.
I’m sorry but I can’t help you at this time.
I’m just too occupied at this time, so I can’t.
Circle back to me in a few weeks.
I can’t make it this week/month/year.
Perhaps another time would be better.
Check back next season.
No thanks, I have another commitment.
I’m really swamped.
I’m so overworked these days that I can’t take on any more.
Right now, I’ve got way too much on my plate.
I’m not taking on any new projects at the moment.
I know this is important but I can’t.
Thanks for asking me, but this isn’t going to work.
I bet xxx would love to help you with this, but I’m not the right person for the task.
I’m swamped right ow with this project, but I can help you next week, would that work?
I’m already committed to X, it’s a shame I can’t help with Y right now.
That’s so sweet of you to ask, but we already have plans that day.
I’m sorry I’m busy.
I wish I could, but I just can’t.
I don’t think I’m the right person to help with that.
Sorry I can’t help you this time.
Sounds fun, but I’m not available.
That’s not going to work for me.
I’d love to, but I’m already over committed.
I understand you really need my help, but I’m just not able to say yes to that. I’m so sorry.
I’m going to say NO for now. I’ll let you know if something changes.
No, I can’t do that, but here’s what I can do …
I just don’t have that to give right now.
Some further advice that you should bear in mind:
* Be aware of your vision. What can you do and what can't/don't want to take on.
* Remember the consequences of saying YES. The more often you say YES to someone, the less time you will have for yourself, and the more you will drift off from your vision.
* Saying NO is okay. You don't need to be a people pleaser every time.
* Choose the method of saying NO which feels most comfortable to you (phone, email, social media, messaging etc.).
* You can keep it simple. You don't need to provide lengthy explanations.
* Be respectful. Appreciate the other party's stance.
* You can offer an alternative (if you are interested in doing so).
* Take your time. You don't need to give an answer right away.
* Sometimes NO reply is also considered as a reply.
* Make yourself less accessible. Give your contact details only to people who matter to you.
* Sometimes people respect you more if you say NO once in a while. Otherwise they might take it for granted that you say YES to everything!